Senior Project Specialist (Cardiovascular)
At Sensyne Health we combine technology and ethically sourced patient data to help people everywhere get better care. To do this, we have created a unique partnership with the NHS that delivers a return to our partner Trusts and unlocks the value of clinical data for research while safeguarding patient privacy. Alongside this, we develop clinically validated software applications that create clinician and patient benefit while providing highly curated data. Our products include vital-signs monitoring in hospitals and patient-to-clinician apps to support self-care and remote monitoring of gestational diabetes and chronic diseases such as COPD and heart failure.We use our proprietary clinical AI technology to analyse ethically sourced, clinically curated, anonymised patient data to solve serious unmet medical needs across a wide range of therapeutic areas, enabling a new approach to clinical trial design, drug discovery, development and post-marketing surveillance.
Our Intelligent Systems Medicine team is currently expanding to bring further expertise into a cross functional environment. The aim is to drive the next generation of innovation for better patient outcomes, whilst harnessing some of the industry’s most progressive AI approaches. This is centred on data-efficient machine learning algorithms. The nature of our team is collaborative with an emphasis on genuine passion for healthcare. Whilst the current team already has three clinically validated products, the new members will be part of a sub-team focusing on innovating new product lines. The roles are research based with high potential for professional growth, support towards our business goal and ongoing contribution to the development of healthcare by working in a stimulating environment focused on improving patient outcomes.
We are looking for an experienced and highly creative Cardiovascular Project Manager with a background in biological sciences. This individual will make a significant contribution to our technology-enabled drug discovery programmes, across all phases from novel therapeutic target hypothesis generation through to delivery of robust pre-clinical data packages. As a central member of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of scientists passionate about reinventing the way new medicines are developed, you will bring your deep understanding of drug discovery project management to rapidly move projects into clinical evaluation. You will work closely with experts in artificial intelligence, deep learning, informatics, biological sciences, drug discovery and clinical translation/commercialisation to devise creative ways to reimagine the way medicines are discovered.
- Using your scientific insight and project management experience to support and track a portfolio of pre-clinical drug discovery projects to enable rapid, proficient and clear project advancement
- Establish scope and detailed requirements for the project. Includes facilitating requirements gathering sessions with key stakeholders, documenting the requirements, and managing the requirements through the life of the project.
- Ensure the project has a defined scope and that this scope is adhered to throughout the lifetime of the engagement.
- Create and maintain project documentation throughout the lifecycle of the project and ensure documentation is standardised across projects.
- Manage resources across multiple projects, and ensuring these are tracked and reported on
- Ensuring that all risks are captured, managed and escalated when necessary
- Lead cross-functional collaboration between the clinical champions, technology partners, multiple trusts and internal data-analytics team.
- Identification and implementation of opportunities to improve efficiency at both the individual project and portfolio level, in areas including scheduling, collaboration, data management, logistics and reporting
- A PhD level qualification or equivalent experience in a biological sciences discipline
- Project management experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Significant experience in the Cardiovascular therapeutic area
- Formal project management training with excellent attention to detail, organisational and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrable experience in a technical consulting organisation or software company working within a delivery focused, customer facing role
- Strong science background and direct experience of managing multifaceted scientific projects involving multiple groups, ideally across different locations
- Prior experience of working with and providing support to a range of scientists and project teams in a Pharma, Biotech or CRO environment
- Extensive experience of dealing with a range of scientific collaborators and suppliers through different types of agreements including research collaborations and strategic relationships
- Highly proactive in identifying solutions to issues and predicting where opportunities for improving processes may arise in the future
- Exceptional relationship building skills to quickly understand the needs of all internal and external teams and collaborators
- Exposure to Machine Learning and AI is preferable, but not essential.
- Company share option scheme
- 5% employer matched Pension scheme
- BUPA Health Insurance including Partners and Children cover
- Free Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- A challenging and fun environment that rewards results