Quality Assurance Engineer
At Sensyne Health we combine technology and ethically sourced patient data to help people everywhere get better care. To do this, we have created a unique partnership with the NHS that delivers a return to our partner Trusts and unlocks the value of clinical data for research while safeguarding patient privacy. Alongside this, we develop clinically validated software applications that create clinician and patient benefit while providing highly curated data. Our products include vital-signs monitoring in hospitals and patient-to-clinician apps to support self-care and remote monitoring of gestational diabetes and chronic diseases such as COPD and heart failure.
We use our proprietary clinical AI technology to analyse ethically sourced, clinically curated, anonymised patient data to solve serious unmet medical needs across a wide range of therapeutic areas, enabling a new approach to clinical trial design, drug discovery, development and post-marketing surveillance.
The Engineering Team:
Built around the foundations of an open and collaborative environment, we are an Agile team looking to grow so that we can help more people. We are now seeking Quality Assurance Engineers who can help us keep focus on quality and clinical safety.
As we continuously improve our products to deliver more value to our customers; we have to protect against escaped defects that may increase risk to our patients. The product architecture is necessarily complex with single page React apps and native mobile sitting on top of Python micro-service architecture - thus much of the testing must be automated, but you must also be comfortable mocking HTTP requests and using browser debug tools.
Ideally, you are someone who can prosper in a heavily regulated Health Tech environment keeping us all on track as we move fast to support our users. You have the confidence to speak up when needed and the pragmatism to accept compromise. You seek the autonomy to do the right thing and make changes to our product and processes that will in-turn further enhance our quality. You have a strong sense of team and are able to support those around you, keeping us moving forward. You are all that and you are a real person too, one that remembers that we all are.
We are a team that wants to provide excellent software to patients. We want to enjoy the process of doing that, nurturing each other to produce the best results. We are Agile with a strong emphasis on collaboration and a big back log of exciting things to do. We have a culture of continuous improvement and learning, striving to do the best for each other and delighting our customers.
- Help design, build and maintain automation test frameworks
- Assist in writing clear and accurate user stories and acceptance criteria
- Ensure traceability of all testing
- Assist in planning and estimation of test activities
- Enhance approach to testing throughout the team
- Be the guardian of product quality
- Research and drive innovative quality assurance practices
- Central involvement in achieving regulatory compliance of products for CE marking and ISO standards
- Write test reports
- Engage in scrum ceremonies keeping us focused on quality outcome for the patient
- Familiarity with testing micro-services which conform to contracts
- Experience of modern CICD tools with yaml/json configuration (e.g. CircleCI)
- Full understanding of web technologies such as HTTP communication
- Comfortable mocking HTTP requests using tools such as Postman/Charles/Fiddler
- Ability to write and perform integration tests, exploratory tests, performance tests, security tests
- Able to comfortably use version control (e.g. git)
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Ability to work at pace without compromising quality
- Comfortable with challenging assupmtions
- Eager to continuously learn and improve
- Be a self-starter, taking the initiative to do the right thing
- Able to be the champion of the patient
- Degree in science based subject or equivilent industry experience
- Experience of ISO standards (particularly 13485)
- Company share option scheme
- 5% employer matched Pension scheme
- BUPA Health Insurance including Partners and Children cover
- Free Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- A challenging and fun environment that rewards results